Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Elevator Exploits

Today at lunch, I decided that I would grab a Slurpee at th 7-11 down the block. I know I know...my blood sugar will be higher than a Sherpa guide on Mount Everest. Anyhow, as the elevator doors open, a little old man scoots out of the elevator past me. I just walk into the elevator. For a split second I have to decide on whether to press the "close door" button as quickly as possible, or linger a bit since my spidey sense tells me, the old guy exited on the wrong floor. I decide Karma will get me if I don't wait. Sure enough, a few seconds later I hear "wait, I got off on the wrong floor". I hold the door for him and he thanks me. He then states that he meant to press the "G" button for Garage. I looked at him perplexed and asked him if he meant "G" for the ground floor. He just laughed at me. Oh yeah...joke's on me. He then said "hey, you just got on the elevator from the third floor, are you a dentist or a doctor?". I told him no, I did bankruptcies. He then says to me "oh no...you are very bad" in a faux delirious voice. He continues to laugh, wave his hands as if surrendering to me until he exits the elevator on the garage, I mean, ground floor. He then jumps out the elevator and says to me "I don't want to talk to you". He was still laughing and he was quite amused with himself at his behaviour. Of course, I just had a "oh no, I should have pressed the close button quickly" look on my face. Anyways, Karma should be nice to me, at least for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment